Morningside United Methodist Church is committed to making our church a comfortable, accessible place for everyone. We continue to work toward complete accessibility and currently offer:
- Handicap accessible parking spaces
- Entry ramps to both upper and lower floors
- Automatic door on main level
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms
- Wheelchair spaces within the pews (including space for service dogs and mobility equipment!)
- Large-print worship bulletins
- Assisted listening devices
- Gluten-free Communion and coffee hour
Disabilities Awareness Sunday
Every fall we enjoy developing an annual Disability Awareness Sunday worship service celebrating God’s Divine light in people with various disabilities. These can include vision, hearing, mobility issues and other hidden disabilities such as mental health, environmental sensitivities, autism, PTSD, and Alzheimer’s.
We’re always looking for new topics! Please contact one of the co-chairs if you have an idea for a future service.
Disabilities Connections Team Co-chairs
Please email us if you have any questions and use “DCT” in the subject line so we can be sure to get back to you.
Phone (TTY): 503-743-2743